- Vesco Foods Pty Ltd and its related companies (“Vesco”) is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended from time to time) (the “Privacy Act”), the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) and the privacy provisions of other applicable legislation.
- Vesco views any breach of privacy protection as serious, and will take appropriate action in such cases.
- This policy describes the way that Vesco collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information about individuals. Any personal information collected by Vesco is covered by this policy. Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- The kinds of personal information that Vesco may collect and hold in the course of its business includes (but is not limited to) your name, address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Vesco will only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for its activities.
- The ways that Vesco may collect personal information include (but are not limited to):
(a) through this website;
(b) by telephone, mail or email; and
(c) in person.
- If you do not or are not able to provide us with the requested personal information, Vesco may not be able to provide you with the information, goods or services which you have requested.
- Vesco may hold personal information in our electronic or hard copy records or in those of our third party contractors or services providers.
- The purposes for which Vesco collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information include (but are not limited to):
(a) to provide you with products or services requested by you;
(b) to respond to questions, comments and complaints about Vesco or our products and services;
(c) for marketing purposes, including direct marketing; and
(d) for the purposes of conducting competitions.
- Vesco will take reasonable steps to advise individuals of the purpose for which their personal information is collected and the main consequences (if any) of not providing that information.
- In the course of its business, Vesco may be required to disclose personal information to its related companies, service providers, contractors and/or consultants in Australia and located overseas, in order for Vesco to provide you with the information, product or services we are providing to you.
- Vesco will only use and disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act and the APPs. This may include where use or disclosure is required by law, where Vesco has the individual's consent to the use or disclosure, or for the purpose for which it was collected or related purposes that you would reasonably expect Vesco to use or disclose that information.
- Vesco will treat all personal information with due care and take all reasonable steps to protect any personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes during storage, collection, processing, transmission and destruction.
- Vesco will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information it collects, holds, uses or discloses is accurate, complete, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
- You may access, update and correct personal information held by Vesco by contacting Vesco’s Privacy Officer (contact details below). If we refuse to provide you access or to correct that personal information, we will provide written reasons for our refusal.
- Even if you don’t submit a request, if Vesco is satisfied that, having regard to the reasons for which it holds your personal information, that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, it may take reasonable steps to correct that information.
- Enquiries or concerns about privacy matters, including complaints about how Vesco handles personal information and concerns that Vesco has breached the APPs, should be made in writing to the Privacy Officer (contact details below). Vesco will respond to all enquiries as quickly as possible.
- Where an individual wishes to interact anonymously, the individual is not required to provide personal or sensitive information unless Vesco is required by law to deal with individuals who have identified themselves or it is impracticable for Vesco to deal with individuals who have not identified themselves.
- Vesco will not collect, hold, use or disclose sensitive information (including health information) from an individual unless given consent to do so, or where required by law in specific circumstances such as matters of individual or public health or safety.
- Contact Vesco’s Privacy Officer at:
Privacy Officer, Vesco Foods Pty Ltd
14 Neil Street, Osbourne Park, WA 6017
T: +61 8 9273 6100